Friday, June 28, 2013

the shirt says it all...

Carson has been the lucky recipient of some new hand painted shirts thanks to my new Silhouette Cameo.  We're having a blast putting anything and everything on T-shirt.

I had seen this cute saying somewhere and remembered it.  Here's my little super hero making his very best "BATMAN" face!


I've found freezer paper to be THE way to go when making stencils for fabric.  The best part, you can buy a whole 75 ft roll at Ralph's for $3.99!

I used my new cameo for this project, but you can certainly use an exacto knife on freezer paper and create the same type of project.  This one might be a little too intricate for the exacto (if you're dying for a shirt like this you better just get in touch with me and I'll make you one!).

Here's how to use freezer paper as a stencil.  It couldn't be easier.


~ Cut your freezer paper to size.  Lay it plastic side down and cut out your design.

~ Remove the letters/design to create your stencil.

~ Iron the design onto your shirt (pillow, etc) using medium heat.

~ Use your favorite fabric paint to fill in your stencil.  I LOVE to use Annie Sloane's chalk paint on fabric.  It acts more like a fabric stain and lightens only slightly in the wash.  It doesn't have that stiff fabric paint feeling at all.

~ Allow the paint to dry and peel off the freezer paper.

~ Heat set the fabric paint once you're sure it's completely dry.

~ Show off your new shirt!

2 comments:

  1. What a cute t-shirt and of course, what a cute Batman, or he could be! :D
    Have a wonderful weekend.
    Karen

    ReplyDelete